The Scout Update has been released, adding three new weapon unlocks for the Scout class, three new maps and a change that makes Spies harder to spot.
The Force-A-Nature (scattergun replacement), The Sandman (baseball bat replacement) and “Bonk” Energy Drink (pistol replacement) weapons have been added, and will be unlocked in that order by completing Scout achievements. The order of unlocks was determined by a player vote.
Spies are now harder to spot, as they are able to choose what weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Previously, Spies could only appear to the enemy team as holding the primary weapon of the class they were disguised as.
New maps added include cp_egypt, arena_watchtower, and cp_junction, while
cp_fastlane has been updated.
The full changelog is included below:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
- Added The Force-A-Nature, The Sandman, and Bonk!
- Added 35 new Scout achievements
- Added crit boosted on/off sound effects
- Added new sounds for upgraded teleporters
- Added new sound for a fully charged medic dying
- Add bonus points section to scores
- Scouts earn a bonus point for killing Medics who are actively healing a target
- Added several new speech concepts, mostly hooked up to new Scout lines
- Added new “Remember last weapon between lives” option to the Multiplayer Advanced dialog
- Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the “last disguise” key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy’s currently held weapon
- Added several new Arena mode announcer speech events.
- Added “First Blood” to Arena mode
- Removed 2x item respawn times in arena
- Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs
- Spies disguised as enemy team can now see player IDs for enemies
- Added community maps: cp_egypt, arena_watchtower, and cp_junction
- Updated cp_fastlane with Arttu’s new version
- Added new input for forward speed modifier to FuncTrainTrain
- Added TeleportToPathTrack input to func_tracktrain
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes gib from non-gib damage kills
- Fixed stat screen showing an entry for a class called “map.”
- Fixed item model panels not using team skins
- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag