A new Survivor Mode in which players defend against endless waves of zombies, the addition of two new versus maps and bug fixes can be found in The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack content patch, released this morning Singapore time.
Players will be pit against an endless wave of zombies, Special Infected and Tanks in the new Survivor Mode. The longer the players last, the harder it gets. The zombie siege will take place either on specially-created maps with crescendo or finale events, or a brand new map with a lighthouse, Last Stand. Players will be awarded medals based on how long they survive and there is a leaderboard function as well to compare high scores with your Steam friends.
The long-awaited Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns have also been added as versus maps after Valve made tweaks to the two maps to make them more balanced when playing against human opponents.
The patch also includes bug fixes that will make versus mode more playable, including the removal of the power shot exploit, where players could “charge up” their Uzi or Rifle through the melee swing to fire an entire magazine of 30 to 50 bullets at once.
The Survival Pack is available at no additional cost on both PC (through Steam) and Xbox 360.
Full patch notes below:
- New gameplay Mode
- 16 maps including Last Stand
- 7 new achievements
- 2 new versus campaigns
- Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
- Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
- Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
- Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
- Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
- Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
- Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
- Removed convars related to melee fatigue
- Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
- Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
- Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
- Simplified setting of game mode
- Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
- Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
- Added lobby join and leave messages