A Left 4 Dead Versus competition will be held this Saturday and Sunday (10 October and 11 October) at East Zone Sports Club in Katong Shopping Centre.
Called Left 4 Dead Outbreak, the competition will be played on the new Crash Course campaign maps only. Registration is free and will be conducted on-site during the day of the competition at 11am. The event is scheduled to start at 1pm.
The top-three teams of the competition will stand to win the following prizes:
- 1st - SG$300 + 4x Limited Edition L4D Mousepad + 4x SteelSeries Kinzu Mouse
- 2nd - SG$200 + 4x Limited Edition L4D Mousepad
- 3rd - SG$100 + 4x Limited Edition L4D Mousepad
The rules for the competition are as follows:
- Only 4-man teams may apply
- We will aim to use CEVO tournament configurations for the event. However, should the configs be unstable, or fail to work, no custom configs will be used.
- Players may appeal to the head marshal should they disagree with the marshal’s rulings. The head marshal’s ruling is final.
- Players are expected to uphold a universal level of sportsmanship. Any unsportsmanlike action which includes but is not limited to (Racism, Profanity, Rude Acts, Vulgar Acts, Acts of Belligerence, and Disrespect of an Official) may be reviewed and are reason for filing a dispute.
- It is illegal to use a map glitch/exploit for one’s advantage when it was not in the original intent of the game or mapmaker. Ask the marshals if you’re unsure if something is an exploit.
- Clipping is when a player manipulates him/herself so that they can see over, under, and/or through any solid entity such as a wall or box. Tournament officials retain full discretion in determining if clipping was involved and what action will be taken. Hitting survivors through walls with the tank is considered clipping.
For more information regarding Left 4 Dead Outbreak, visit this l4d.sg forum thread.
As always, both Edward “Glimmerous.Fop” Pang and Lee Wei Meng “Matafleur” will be covering the competition this weekend. See you guys there!