As Dota 2 inches towards completion, Valve has released yet another patch for the game. The most important detail in this patch is the inclusion of three heroes: Chaos Knight, Phantom Assassin, and Gyrocopter.
Several miscellaneous bugs are were also addressed in this patch, along with a minor yet interesting cosmetic detail. If you go to the Dire or Radiant Bases and click on trophies, you can see the winners of Valve’s 2011 The International Dota 2 Championships. Obviously, we only have had one edition of the competition thus far, with Na’Vi of Ukraine emerging champs.
Speaking about The International, tickets for this year’s tournament — which is to be held in Seattle, USA from 31 August to 2 September — are now available.
You can purchase tickets via Dota 2′s online store at US$49.99 a pop. The ticket guarantees you three days of front row action at the tournament, and will only be on sale from 12 to 16 June.
In addition, the final 16 teams for the tournament have been settled, with Tongfu and mTw qualifying for the final 2 spots. They will join defending champs Na’Vi, runners-up EHOME and of course Singapore’s own Zenith and Malaysia’s Orange Esports and MUFC. Personally, I can’t wait for it.
See below for the patch details:
- Added Chaos Knight, Phantom Assassin, and Gyrocopter!
- Drow Ranger
- Fixed Frost Arrows not working on mechanical units.
- Added effects for strength and agility morph as well as an overhead timer for replicate.
- Nature’s Prophet
- Fixed Sprout destroying other trees around it.
- Shadow Demon
- Fixed Soul Catcher being dispellable.
- Fixed Shadow Poison impact damage not hurting Disrupted units (and thus not disabling Blink).
- Fixed targeted spells not temporarily revealing the attacker.
- Fixed Orb of venom working on denies.
- Fixed the following spells being castable on magic immune allies: Nightmare, Frost Armor, Nature’s Guise, Holy Persuasion, Decrepify, Astral Imprisonment, Shadow Word and X Marks The Spot
- Selecting “Equip” on an item in the backpack now flips to the loadout and automatically does the equipping for you.
- Added support for watching replays via URL. For example, “
dota2://dota2://matchid=15478&matchtime=300” will go directly to five minutes into match 15478.
- Added button in replay panel to copy an URL into the clipboard that can be used to get back to that point in that replay.
- Added Hall of Fame trophies to the bases. Clicking on them will display the winning teams of The International.
DOTA 2 BOTS
- Made bots not leave a gank if they currently have the ability to reincarnate and allies are still attacking.
- Fixed bug where bots would pick their heroes before humans locked in their picks.
- Related Items
- Dota 2
- Orange Esports
- The International
Have your say. Add your comments: