Razer has announced that their new high-end ambidextrous gaming mouse, the Ouroboros, will be released worldwide at the end of year for a recommended retail price of US$129.99.
Apart from its ambidextrous design, the Ouroboros features a fully customisable rear panel, allowing the length of the mouse to be extended by up to 1.5mm in order to accommodate gamers with larger hands.
The mouse also comes with interchangeable side panels and an adjustable back arc, suitable for gamers with different hand grips and finger positioning.
The full specifications for the Ouroboros are listed below:
- Customizable ergonomics to fit all hand sizes and grip-styles
- 8200dpi 4G Dual Sensor System
- Gaming-grade wireless technology with dock
- Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled
- 11 programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
- Up to 200 inches per second / 50g acceleration
- Approximate Size: 122 mm to 137 mm / 4.80″ to 5.39″ (Length) x 71 mm / 2.80″ (Width) x 42 mm / 1.65″ (Height)
- Approximate Weight: 115 g / 0.25 lbs. (without battery) to 135 g / 0.29 lbs. (with battery)
- Battery life: (Approx) 12 hrs (continuous gaming)Hardware Requirements
- PC / Mac with USB port
- Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit)/ Mac OS X (v10.6-10.7 and above)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of free hard disk space
While the price tag may be a bit too expensive for the average user, hardcore gamers, especially real-time strategy players, should find the customisation options of the Ouroboros to be right up their alley.